deckle edges

Feathery edge at the border of a sheet of hand- or mold-made paper, caused by the deckle or frame which confines the pulp to the mold; also on some machine-made papers, caused by the rubber deckle straps at the sides of the paper machine, or made by artificial means.

Web Term ID